As its name suggests, the long-reach excavator has an extended jib between the machine body and the working arm, which is powered by oil cylinder. The long arm is equipped with a set of oil cylinder operating system to provide power for the movement of the oil cylinders. All of these designs double the working range of the bucket, which can go higher, deeper and further. The great improvements make the long-arm excavator an especial digging tool for minerals, docks, storage and emergency rescue, which has great practical value.
To be specific, the long-arm digger has the following advantages:
1. Wider Applications
The long arm can work in the tough and extreme working environment where other excavators can’t reach. This unique advantage makes it reliable enough to handle various constructions.
2. Higher Standard
Strict technology and examination standards have been set to manufacture this machine, which guarantees its excellent construction performance.
3. Ease of Operation
The high mechanization and simple working organization of the long-reach excavator make it easier to be operated, thus improving working efficiency and saving labor resource.
4. High safety
The distance between the operator and the operating object is long, which reduces dangers in the working process. And the strengthened structure greatly improves safety.
What is more, some guidelines should be followed when operating the long-arm digger in order to make the most of its advantages.
1. The long arm should not be overloaded.
2. The piston rod of hydraulic cylinder should not move to the bottom, safe distance should be reserved.
3. When making a rotation, the long-arm should be 0.5 meters high from the ground.
4. The bucket load should match with the specified standard since overload will shorten the life of the long arm and the whole machine.
5. Don't dig directly in the rocky area, crush the rocks before excavating.
6. When the bucket is working, the excavator should not make any walking or rotation.